Click each module to see published studies and articles on each topic. Click again to close each module.
CFS/ME Brain Retraining Studies
• Can amygdala retraining techniques improve the wellbeing of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome? A clinical audit of subjective outcomes in a small sample, by Ashok Gupta. Source: Journal of Holistic Healthcare Volume 7 Issue 2 September 2010.
MCS Brain Retraining Studies
• Brain dysfunction in multiple chemical sensitivity Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) is a chronic acquired disorder of unknown pathogenesis. The aim of this study was to ascertain whether MCS patients present brain single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) and psychometric scale changes after a chemical challenge. Source: Journal of the Neurological Sciences, Oct 2, 2009
• Pavlovian conditioning of emotional responses to olfactory and contextual stimuli: a potential model for the development and expression of chemical intolerance. Paper describing the potential relationship between olfactory and contextual conditioning in experimental animals and the development and expression of chemical intolerance in humans. Source: PubMed
• Does the kindling model of epilepsy contribute to our understanding of multiple chemical sensitivity? A number of parallels exist between kindling and MCS phenomena, leading to initial speculations that MCS may occur via a kindling-like mechanism. Source: PubMed
• The Role of Neural Plasticity in Chemical Intolerance by Barbara A. Sorg. Source: Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
Dynamic Neural Retraining System™ (DNRS) Articles
• Rewiring the Chemically Sensitive Brain Planet Thrive’s interview with Annie Hopper, developer of the Dynamic Neural Retraining System™ (DNRS™).
• MCS Brain Retraining: Medical Scam or Breakthrough? A rebuttal article by Planet Thrive founder Julie Genser, as a response to an article written by Lourdes Salvador and Linda Sepp which was published as “Preying on the Desperate: Miracle Cures Hold False Promise” in the December 2009 MCS America newsletter.
Gupta Amygdala Retraining™ Articles
• Unconscious Amygdalar Fear Conditioning in a Subset of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Patients Medical paper presenting an amygdala hypothesis for ME/CFS, by Ashok Gupta.
• Ashok Gupta Explains the Amygdala Retraining Program for ME/CFS/FM and Associated Illnesses by Ashok Gupta.
• How the Different ME/CFS/FMS Symptoms are Created with Continual Amygdala Stimulation – The Amygdala Hypothesis by Ashok Gupta
• Transcript of ProHealth’s Live Chat with Ashok Gupta on July 10, 2009 Ashok Gupta answers dozens of questions about his brain retraining program with regards to CFS and FMS.
• The Next Step? Ashok Gupta at the IACFS/ME Conference Cort Johnson of the ME/CFS website Phoenix Rising interviews Ashok Gupta.
• How XMRV Retrovirus Findings May Fit With The Amygdala Hyperarousal Model for ME/CFS A draft paper by Ashok Gupta.
• Ashok Gupta Interview A deeper look into the Amygdala Retraining™ Program for CFS/ME and related disorders, by Julie Genser.
• MCS Brain Retraining: Medical Scam or Breakthrough? A rebuttal article by Planet Thrive founder Julie Genser, as a response to an article written by Lourdes Salvador and Linda Sepp which was published as “Preying on the Desperate: Miracle Cures Hold False Promise” in the December 2009 MCS America newsletter and as “The False Promise of Miracle Cures for MCS” on The Canary Report website. Note: This article was removed from TCR two years after its publication, in December 2011.
• Mayo Clinic to Study CFS/FMS Amygdala Retraining
• Study on Gupta Amygdala Retraining™ published Ashok Gupta announces the publication of the Clinical Audit Study on Gupta Amygdala Retraining™ treatments for ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia and MCS.
• Amygdala Retraining for MCS by Ashok Gupta.
• Retraining the brain for CFS, FMS, MCS, PTSD, GWS by Sandra Pawula of the blog Always Well Within.
- New Brain Science – New Findings in Neuroplasticity
- Norman Doidge – The Dark Side of Neuroplasticity
- How brain plasticity can change your life with Michael Merzenich at Mind & Its Potential 2014
- Enhancing the plasticity of the brain: Max Cynader at TEDx Stanley Park
- Brain Plasticity and the Power of Affirmations
- The Emerging Mind: (neuroplasticity and much more)
- More info on neuroplasticity — a reader favorite topic on this blog
- Neuroscience of change, another take on neuroplasticity: self-compassion and awareness to start
- Contemplative neuroscience — more on neuroplasticity
- Neuroplasticity: change your behavior, change your brain
- The Mystical Brain: call it neuroplasticity if that’s more comfortable for you
- The brain that changes (grows, heals and repairs)
- Neuroplasticity of the brain — Steven Morgan
- The brain man – more neuroplasticity
- The Brain Benefits From Persistent Sensory Experience: there is always hope for healing and recovery
- Willpower and choice…we can do simple things to strengthen our capacities to make healthy choices
- Limbic Kindling: hard-wiring the brain for hypersensitivities
- Mindfulness practice leads to increases in regional brain gray matter density
- Meditation experience is associated with increased cortical thickness
- Does meditation enhance cognition and brain plasticity?
- Long-term meditation is associated with increased gray matter density in the brain stem
- How meditation can reshape our brains (and revisiting neuroplasticity)
- Meditation, trauma and neuroplasticity
- Inhabiting our bodies in meditation
- Recovery through mind training — a journey of meditation in Buddhism
- Body-Centered Inquiry
- Your Brain is What You (and Your Mother) Eat
- Positive Neuroplasticity Improves Brain and Body Health
- Neuroplasticity Role of Exercise and Nutrition – Brain and nutrition
- The Ability of Nutrients to Support Brain Plasticity and Cognitive Health
- How to prevent spending the last 10 years of your life in a diaper and a wheelchair
- RHR: How to Feed Your Brain